Monday, October 18, 2010

Need a Song?

I've decided to add a new topic to Mom Thoughts: ways to manage stress.  Seems like I get worn out all too often being a mom.  Know what I mean?   The most important thing I've learned is that I need to be proactive in finding ways to de-stress and recharge so I can keep giving out to my family.  Here's my solution for an instant "stress-lift":

The song "You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe is my favorite.

Listening to the song "You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe helps to melt my stress away. (Click on the song's title to hear it on YouTube.)  Its peaceful piano & orchestral accompaniment and Kari's ethereal voice recharge my soul as the words flood me with hope.  The lyrics remind me that God loves me and will help me with whatever circumstance I'm dealing with.  Awesome!  

Do you have a favorite song that helps to lift you up when you are worn out?  Please feel free to share it in the comments.   I love hearing from you all!



4 comments:

  1. Love this song!! I downloaded it from iTunes. Thanks for sharing! :) -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad to share it with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love listening to "Mercy Me"--especially 'All of Creation'. :) So happy for you and Mike! You are a proud Mommy in EVERY picture and with every word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Renee! I'll have to look up "All of Creation". Great to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete