Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Introduction to Rubber Stamping

Hi fellow moms.  I thought I'd share a demo of a card I made this past week.  I try to do something crafty every Sunday, although that doesn't always work out.  But this week, I had some fun with a new little stamp set I picked up at the craft store.  I love spending time in my craftroom.  It's a surefire stress reliever for me, plus I end up with something creative that I can give away.


I found this cute stamp set for $1.00 (regular price) at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
Don't let the $1 stamp set fool you, stamping is not a cheap hobby!
Here are some of the supplies I used for this project.  I also used a
paper cutter, glue stick, ribbon, and scissors.

First: adhere your clear stamp to an acrylic block & stamp the puppy.
Then stamp your sentiment with a different color.
Clear stamps make it easy to get the words in the right spot every time.

Then color in your image.  I used a watercolor technique with
a waterbrush and two brown stamp pads, one lighter than the other.
Use the brush to pick up the color from the stamp pad.
Make one side of your image slightly darker for a shading effect.

Now stamp your background paper for extra visual interest.
All the card stock I used is from Stampin' Up.  Love their products!

Add ribbon for extra pizzaz.  I got this twill ribbon at Wal-mart.
Adhere the red square and white square with 3-D adhesive like
3M foam tape.  Then your image really pops!
The finished card is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches.  




2 comments:

  1. So cute, Amy! You are an inspiration!

    Congratulations on your little girl! She is absolutely adorable! I hope you will travel to bring her home soon.

    Best,
    Torri

    ReplyDelete