Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 8, Homemade Note Pads

Ana's recent comments on Day 6 have inspired me to share a homemade gift idea.  You can make adorable note pads from jr. legal pads that have been cut in half.  Go to Staples or Office Depot and purchase the pads there (rather than cheap ones from elsewhere- they fall apart).  At the office supply store's copy center they will cut them in half (vertically) for you.  They may charge you a couple of dollars per cut, so have them put as many notepads as possible in the machine at once.  Then, just pick out some cute paper or cardstock to decorate them.  I also stamped an image and adhered it with 3-d adhesive foam to the top.  If you've got time on your hands, you can stamp the bottom of each page.  I've made bunches of these in the past as stocking stuffers.  Usually, I tie a ribbon around the middle and tuck in a nice pen to make it more of a gift set.  Sometimes I put magnets on the back so it can be used on the fridge.  Here are some photos of the finished product that I made last year.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee! Oops...sorry your comment got removed. Thanks for your compliments on my handiwork, and for your prayers for our trip!

    ReplyDelete