Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3, Treat Gift Bags

Wow, I'm scrambling to get ready to go to China!  We're going to be there for Christmas!!  So today's post is going to be short...

This is for those of you who like to make homemade gifts.  Listed below is a great video tutorial from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts on how to make adorable little treat bags (3" by 5" when complete).  I made seven of them in an afternoon.  It took me three tries to get it right, but they were easy after that.  I filled my little bags with delicious Dillettante chocolate mints from Costco ($9.99).  Each bag will hold approximately ten chocolates.   I'm planning to give them to the nursery workers at church, and to my co-workers.  Of course, I'm sampling the chocolate liberally!  I love chocolate mint!!

Here's the link: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2010/10/cute-simple-box-video-.html  

Completed treat bags.  The paper & ribbon are retired items from Stampin' Up.
Paper is called Holiday Thyme.  Ribbon is Cranberry Crisp.  You might find
them on Ebay since these items are no longer being sold by SU.  

See you tomorrow for day 4 of my 12 blogs of Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your blogs and I am soooo excited to read on your other one that you will be in China this Christmas! God is GREAT!! Much love and blessings to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, Renee! So good to see you and lovely Miss London. Can you believe we are finally going to China? We've been in process to adopt Marisa ever since I met you!!

    ReplyDelete