Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5, The Star of Bethlehem

This is a must see DVD!  You can even watch it on YouTube for free.

Last year, I decided to read the Christmas story in all four gospels.  I did this right before Christmas as a way to keep the true meaning of the holiday at the forefront of my mind.  As I read the stories, I began to ponder the star that lead the wise men to find Jesus.  The big question was, why didn't everybody else notice it if it was so obvious?!?  Our modern day depictions show a huge star that touches earth right at the manger scene.  I actually talked to God about my question and wrote in my prayer journal asking Him to some day explain it to me, thinking maybe when I got to heaven He could answer that one for me.  Much to my amazement, He answered my query a few days later when my parents arrived to spend Christmas with us, and brought with them a video for all of us to watch: The Star of Bethlehem.  Apparently, somebody else had the same question about the star and he began to do in depth research about it.  This video is a result of his research and then presenting it to his Bible study group.  So many requested to hear the presentation that they recorded it onto DVD.  As you watch you'll learn that with modern technology and computer programming we can see what the night sky looked like thousands of years ago.  In the midst of all the scientific evidence given on the video, I found myself amazed at how stunningly poetic, romantic, and beautiful God is with the messages He sends to us through the things He's created.  I highly recommend this DVD whether you believe in God or not.  It's fascinating and will truly encourage you.  It will also remind you what Christmas is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment