Saturday, May 28, 2011

Looking for Beauty

"The earth if full of God's unfailing love." (Psalm 119:64)
I went on a hunt in my backyard to find God's unfailing love.
I brought my camera with me to capture what I found.
As I looked closely at what God has made, I saw so much to be amazed by.  
When I paused to admire the delicate shades of purple and pink in the clematis, 
I realized God painted it that way because he loves me.  
The red tipped leaves of my favorite Japanese Maple,
and the blushing buds of the blueberry bush also whispered to me:
"He made these because He loves you!"  
Each leaf and blossom has its own intricate design and beauty.  
This hunt for God's "love notes" to us is changing me bit by bit:
more content, slower to anger, more patient and easy going, grateful.  





As I finished this post, I watched the sun set out the west facing windows.  
The sun almost blinded me with its fiery glow, both orange and magenta.
Awestruck, I watched it slip behind the mountains.  
Now the sky is left with shades of pink, orange, and purple.
Another message- this one painted large in the sky:
"I made this because I love you!"  
God is the author of romance.  
The earth is full of his unfailing love.


4 comments:

  1. Amy, I'd love to cyber-connect! I am an adoptive parent of 2 Rwandan children and have been in line for China since 2006! jamiejo@campkivu.com ... also I created a RWANDA ADOPTION group on Facebook so that ALL of us can stay connected! We're working on next year's reunion! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie Jo! Glad you found me. I sent you an email; let me know about the next reunion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie :) Good to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete