Friday, May 13, 2011

Books Galore!

It's time to share some of the books we've been enjoying lately.  I go to the library often and this last visit we discovered some great reads.  Hope you will enjoy them also.  I have three more books to share with you in my next post.  :)

 Piggy Pie Po by Audrey & Don Wood
It's three short stories in one book.  They all rhyme and are ridiculous, but that's what is so fun about the stories.  Our son wants to hear it over and over, but it's a pleasure to read it and not one that I've been bored with after a few reads.  I hope they create more stories about this mischievous piggy.











Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws by Cyndy Szekeres
This book was actually one we purchased at Costco.  I had to have it because it is the story of our son at dinner time.  He's not a great eater, and would rather go straight to dessert.  Frieda Fuzzypaws has the same problem.  The story is hilarious and has a good lesson.  The illustrations are so cute also.  This has become a favorite with our family.











Toot Toot Zoom! by Phyllis Root - Illustrated by Matthew Cordell
Our three year old son is a big fan of this story.  Probably because there's a car, silly sound effects, and a crash.  It's not my favorite to read, but I enjoy listening to it when my husband reads it aloud.  He's much better at creating all the right voices for the characters so they seem to come to life.  This book is very repetitive, but kids like that sort of thing.  It's a simple story of a little creature who looks for friends and finds them where he least expects them.  










Into the A, B, Sea by Deborah Lee Rose- Pictures by Steve Jenkins
I chose this book because of the pictures.   The artwork is paper collage and quite captivating.  We've also been enjoying this book because of the interesting sea life that it introduces.  There's a creature for each letter of the alphabet; some that I've never heard of before.  At the end, there is a glossary of sorts that gives more information about each animal.  I love books that teach!










If you have found a children's book that you think others would enjoy, please share it with us in the comments.  I always love to hear from my blogging friends.  Thanks!







2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to write all of these down! I love new books. I get bored of books very easily. Haley isn't really at the stage where she'll sit for a story, she's in to touchy books right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M is into the touchy feely books too. Her favorite is about kittens since we have a cat. Does Haley have a favorite? The open the flap books are also a hit with M.

    ReplyDelete