Friday, November 5, 2010

A Sweet Thank You

My husband made some awesome cookies last night!  I'll share the recipe soon.

I wanted to give some of the cookies to our neighbors as a thank you for taking
 family photos for us yesterday.  

Supplies for thank you gift bag: paper lunch bag, clear bag for cookies, cranberry card stock (3" x 11"), decorative card stock (2 1/2" x 11"), ribbon, adhesive (I love Staples' permanent glue tape), thank you stamp, stamp pads, and 3-D foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a Creative Memories' oval template, and sponged the edges of the oval with brown ink by Color Box.

The finished product before I tucked it into the gift bag:
cookies and a gift card for coffee.  I also included the recipe
for the cookies in case anyone has food allergies.  

The idea for this gift bag came from a Martha Stewart magazine.  It was simple to make, and nice to use items I already had at home.  When my husband arrived home with the gift card, I was delighted that it matched my color scheme.  He sarcastically claimed that he did that on purpose.  Men just don't get it, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment