Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A great read: The Hiccupotamus

Our favorite silly story for this week.  Check it out!
We made another trip to the library and found a plethora of great books.  This one topped them all: The Hiccupotamus.  It's hilarious, ridiculous, and just plain goofy fun to read aloud.  We all enjoyed the story and illustrations.  The author, Aaron Zenz, has also included a mock list of cast "bios" after the story.  K didn't get the cast bio jokes, but my husband and I found them to be very amusing.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book! It is hilarious!! :) Some people are so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we read this at least twice a day, we almost have the book memorized now. I was quoting it to K while he was in the bathtub tonight. I got to a spot where I couldn't remember the words, and he prompted me with the correct word, "therapy"! The animals were looking for a therapy for the hippo's hiccups.

    ReplyDelete