Friday, February 8, 2013

Color Study: Red

Winter is such a bleak time of year.  The sky has been gray for days here.  The landscape seems drab and gray too.  I found myself craving color yesterday, and all the gray outside was driving me crazy!  So I started looking through our photos from 2012.  I was intrigued to discover the variety of shots I took that focused on one or two colors.  For fun, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.  I'll start with the color red.

Ah, spring, please come soon!  We do have a few primroses unfolding in the backyard now.

While reading the book 1000 Gifts, I was inspired to look for beauty everywhere.  I found it in unexpected places, like inside these humble strawberries.

Last Valentine's Day I received a dozen roses from my son.  So sweet!


Tomatoes freshly picked from our garden in September.

We have a beautiful maple tree that creates a gorgeous display of fall colors.  I love the red leaves most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment