Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe: Mike's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Back in November 2010, I promised in my blog post A Sweet Thank You to share a cookie recipe that my husband had created.  Tonight I made those cookies- they are so delicious!  Then I hopped onto the computer to send the recipe to a friend.  After some searching on the computer,  I realized I had never posted it to my blog like I thought I had.  Sorry!  So, here is the long overdue recipe...  



Mike’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2/3 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup chopped pecans
¾ cup Craisins

Directions:
1.  In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in the vanilla.
2.  Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and Craisins.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto  ungreased cookie sheets.
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool.  Yields about 3 ½ dozen cookies.

(They freeze well and can be heated up in the microwave for about ten second or so and they taste almost as good as if you'd just pulled them out of the oven.)

2 comments:

  1. Those sound (and look!) YUMMY! I've never thought about using cream cheese before...ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cream cheese makes them softer, but I'm not sure. They are delicious and the batch I just made has already vanished! Hope you get a chance to try them soon. I still need to make the snickerdoodle muffins I got from your blog!

    ReplyDelete