Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Hair Cut

Last week my son drove his toy car through the back of my hair (unmaliciously) and got the tires tangled up- ouch!  Simultaneously, my daughter stuck her fingers in the front of my hair and gave a good tug to get her hand out of a knot.  At that moment, I decided it was time to cut my hair.  Really, I'd been thinking about it for a long time, so the dual attack by my children was the last straw I guess.  If I had known what a wonderful sense of freedom I'd experience from the loss of ten inches of my long hair, I'd have done it sooner.  Truly, I'm so delighted with my new style and how it doesn't get in the way while I take care of my kiddos.  Plus, it's quicker and easier to maintain.

I've realized that change can be very good.  My hair is just one way I've been implementing changes at home to make life easier and our daily "schedule" flow smoother.   (I still have a lot to learn and more tweaking of our routine to do.  But, I'll share what I've found that is working for us right now.)  I'm excited to pass on an organization tip with you soon concerning toys and reducing clutter.  For now, here are some photos of my hair before and after...

Just another bad hair day.  I rarely had time to style it.

My son wanted to be in the pictures :)

90 minutes later... I feel fantastic and realized my old style
was just weighing me down.


I cut off at least 10 inches with plans to donate
my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths campaign.
They make wigs for women who've lost
their hair from cancer treatments.  

K & Mommy making dinner the following evening.  I am so happy
with my hair cut!  

3 comments:

  1. I love your hair! I just recently cut my hair and donated it too. Short hair is so much easier with limited time for ourselves. ;)

    ReplyDelete