Friday, October 14, 2011

Craft Idea: Thank You Cards for Brides

 I made thirty of these cards for my sister
to use as wedding shower thank yous.   
After my sister's wedding shower, I realized she had a lot of cards to send out.  Since she was so busy with planning a wedding, working full time, and supporting her fiance as he went through chemo, I wanted to do something to help her.  I love to craft, so making her thank you cards seemed like a fun way to help her out.  I found an adorable card idea on Split Coast Stampers and adjusted it slightly to suit the supplies I had and my sister's wedding colors.  Sorry I don't recall the artist who originally came up with the template, but I love her idea.  Supplies I used from Stampin' Up: Very Vanilla cardstock, paper punch for the flower, grateful stamp, and Rich Razzleberry inkpad and cardstock for both the flower & sentiment.  I also used a Martha Stewart paper punch (for the "lace"), 1/8" ribbon from JoAnn's and a faux pearl to jazz up the flower.  I attached the flower with Zots clear adhesive dots.  The card was actually fairly simple to make.  Hope you give it a try.  The finished card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment